Since 1407 beer has been brewed in the building, which works still as a brewery today. And, as in the old days, the beer is produced in accordance with the authentic Czech tradition. During the Second World War the establishment was closed as a result of the lack of raw materials and for a long time the building was used as a farm machinery workshop and warehouse. In 2011, the brewer Stepan Kriz decided to restore the function of the building to its original purpose. After its renovation, which lasted for three years, in 2014 it was filled again with the smell of fresh brewed beer.